Eligibility to take part in Veterans’ Images on Parade 2018 (VIOP 2018) is limited to photographers who are British Armed Forces Veterans. Photographers will be required to complete an entry form providing their service details (including regiments or corps in which they served, if applicable) and giving formal permission for their images to be printed and sold up to a maximum of ten prints per image.
VIOP 2018 will comprise of two elements:
- An online shop at www.jumblebee.co.uk where all donated images will be on display for sale to the public from 1 February – 25 March 2018
- A travelling roadshow/exhibition comprising 100 printed images selected from all those donated. This will be on display at Colchester, Chelmsford, Ipswich and Cambridge, with a two-week interval between them. There will be a reception and preview on each Thursday evening, followed by a two-day exhibition on the Friday and Saturday, entrance to which will be free of charge. In Colchester and Cambridge, the exhibition will be for one day only.
Locations & Dates:
Locations and dates for the roadshow/exhibition are as follows:
- Colchester – 22-23 February 2018 Garrison Officers’ Club, CO2 7EX
- Chelmsford – 15-18 February 2018 Chelmsford Cathedral (TBC)
- Ipswich – 8-10 March 2018 Town Hall and Corn Exchange, IP1 1DH
- Cambridge – Date/ Venue TBC
- Colour or monochrome images to be submitted electronically, and thus at no cost to participating photographers, as high resolution TIF files sized at 42.0 cm x 29.70 cm with resolution set at 300 dpi. These should be sent via wetransfer.com to the Regional Director East Anglia, Peter Harclerode, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The exhibition is open to a wide range of genres, including: landscape, wildlife, botanical, macro, close-up, still life, portrait, conceptual/fine art, abstract, architectural, action, sport, event, reportage, travel, infra-red, time-lapse, underwater, night and astrophotography.
- Note: Military or conflict images will not be accepted.
- The deadline for submissions is Thursday 31st December 2017.
- All donated images will be displayed on-line at jumblebee.co.uk from Thursday 1 February 2018 until Sunday 25 March 2018. Each image sold will be printed, using the Giclée method, on fine art grade photographic paper, mounted on card and cellophane wrapped. Each print will feature on the rear of its mount the image’s caption, photographer’s details and his/her copyright information. The number of prints produced per image will be limited to ten of any one image throughout the entire duration of the exhibition.
- As mentioned above, 100 images will be selected by a panel of judges, to form the travelling roadshow/exhibition. These will also be Giclée printed on fine art grade photographic paper, mounted on card and cellophane wrapped.
- Immediately following VIOP 2018, all donated electronic images will be deleted by the Regional Director East Anglia.
Requests for further information about VIOP 2018 should be addressed to the Regional Director East Anglia whose contact details are as follows:
Tel: 01206 817105 or 07810 573020