The Soldiers’ Charity photo competition is back!
For the third year running, ABF The Soldiers’ Charity is holding a competition to find images for its next charity calendar. The competition is open to amateur and professional photographers, with the key theme of the British Army. This time there will be a special prize given to the best image commemorating the end of World War One.
Please note, we cannot consider images that are heavily photoshopped, watermarked, or images featuring added graphics or logos. Photographs must also be 300dpi and supplied at the largest possible size.
The 2017 calendar is now on sale, containing the winning entry ‘Dog Days’ by Trevor Sheehan, which captured a bomb disposal dog cradled in the arms of its handler. Trevor, from Hexham in Northumberland, commented: “I saw this soldier and his loyal dog training and it was clear that they had a very close and special bond. I crouched down to dog height and took the shot. The dog remained very calm even with a camera so close, it was very professional.”
Below:Winner of our 2016 Photo Competition, Trevor Sheehan (right), receives his prize from Stewart Fielder (left) of WEX Photographic, one of our generous sponsors:
Other entries included a striking image of the British Army Bobsled team in action and one of an artillery shell leaving a Light Gun after being fired.
To buy a copy of our new 2017 calendar, please go to our online shop here: www.soldierscharityshop.org
Competition Terms and Conditions
ABF The Soldiers’ Charity Terms & Conditions of Entry:
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland but excludes anyone employed by ABF The Soldiers’ Charity. The subject of the photograph submitted must have a link to the British Army.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions:
- Entries should be submitted by via email to: www.soldierscharity.org/photocompetition Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name, image title, image location, subject name/detail and image files must be in landscape, a minimum of 300 dpi and saved at their original size, as large as permissible (min size 3MB). Entrants should complete the form entirely. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- Entries must be free from logos, watermarks, additional graphics and excessive filters.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date of April 30th 2017.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable 3 year licence to ABF The Soldiers’ Charity to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- No limit to the number of entries per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The twelve winners (one for each month, including the Overall Winner) will be notified within ten weeks of the closing date of the competition and prizes will be given to Overall Winner, 2nd and 3rd place.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity and provide PR quotes for regional media contact.
- The winner’s name and county may be disclosed in post-competition publicity.
- The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.